Grammy-nominated early music ensemble Ars Lyrica Houston (ALH) is seeking expert arts administration and marketing professional for its 2014-2015 season and beyond. The marketing and administrative director is responsible for managing all public relations and marketing activities with the goal of creating greater awareness of ALH and its artistic director and founder, Matthew Dirst, increasing ticket sales, and attracting and diversifying audience base. Additionally, marketing and administrative director assists in daily administrative tasks related to artist and event support. Marketing and administrative director director plays an integral role on the ALH team, works closely with ALH Staff and Board, and reports to the Executive Director.
Status: full-time employee
Pay: competitive, based on experience
Benefits: health insurance, two weeks of paid vacation per annum
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Securing coverage of ALH, its artists, recordings, programming, outreach and other initiatives in local, regional, national, and international print, online and broadcast media;
· Scheduling personal interviews and appearances by ALH’s artists and artistic director for print publications and broadcast media;
· Placing vcasts and podcasts of ALH performances and interviews with ALH artists, staff and audiences;
· Nurturing current media relations and creating new relationships with the media;
· Securing new media sponsorships;
· Placing listings in local and regional publications, web sites and electronic media;
· Producing press releases, press kits, season programs and ads;
· Managing social networking;
· Working with photographers, videographers, and graphic designers on creating promotional materials;
· Participating in and assisting with all ALH’s events, including concerts, galas, mixers, and fundraisers.
MARKETING & AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT
· Developing and implementing an annual marketing plan that will include recommendations for effective advertising, direct mail and e-mail campaigns, promotion of ALH recordings, sponsorships, individual ticket sales and subscriptions, donor cultivation program, and identifying and attracting new audiences;
· Strategizing with the Artistic and Executive Directors on promotional materials, initiatives and partnerships;
· Managing and expanding Young Professional Society group by building relationships, networking, and organizing events (mixers, collaborations with other groups);
· Identifying natural partners for ALH in the community and establishing mutually beneficial relationships;
· Securing sponsorships involving financial and in-kind donations with local businesses;
· Managing marketing volunteers and interns.
WEBSITE AND DATABASE
· Maintaining ALH’s website through Squarespace;
· Maintaining and expanding databases (Patron Manager and TRG);
· Producing records for marketing and business purposes (i.e., ticket sales and subscriptions, mailings of promotional materials).
· Managing guest artist travel, accommodations, and local transportation.
· Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of three years in PR/marketing/arts administration/customer service/special events or related fields;
· Understanding of Houston media market is required;
· Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Salesforce, and Squarespace a plus
· Experience in working with non-profit arts organizations is preferred;
· Interest, knowledge, and enthusiasm for classical music a plus;
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
· Demonstrated success in implementing diverse media and marketing strategies
· Availability during ALH events on some weekends and evenings.
Please e-mail your cover letter, résumé and references to Kinga Ferguson, Ars Lyrica Houston Executive Director at email@example.com. Each prospective candidate of interest will be invited to interview with the executive director. In the meantime, questions or comments should be directed to Kinga Ferguson.