Grammy-nominated early music ensemble Ars Lyrica Houston (ALH) is seeking Administrative Coordinator for its 2016-2017 season and beyond. The ALH Administrative Coordinator provides general administrative and concert operations services for all ALH performances, activities, and programs; oversees the management of the office, and serves as key support staff to the Executive Director. Administrative Coordinator plays an integral role on the ALH team, works closely with and reports to the Executive Director.
A centralized office with free parking, computer with printer, and Internet access is provided at 4807 San Felipe, Suite 202, Houston, TX 77056; website: www.arslyricahouston.org.
Status full-time employee
Pay commensurate with experience and competitive for non-profit organizations
Benefits paid vacation
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- maintain and expand databases (Patron Manager and DataArts)
- produce records for marketing, fundraising, and business purposes (i.e., ticket sales and subscriptions, mailings of promotional materials)
- maintain donor records and issue appropriate donor correspondence (i.e., acknowledgement letters, invitations to special events and RSVPs)
• Day-to-day administrative and business operations
- serve as staff liaison with vendors and contractors
- assist with the maintenance of financial, banking, and accounting records
- assist with correspondence (with vendors, donors, Board members, artists, etc.)
- file invoices, publicity materials, and musical scores and parts
- ensure adequate supplies for office and all concerts, programs and special events
- assist in the preparation of materials for grant applications and reports
• Publicity and Marketing
- work with Executive Director to execute promotional activities
- assist with the preparation and distribution of programs and publicity materials
- coordinate advertisements and e-mail exchanges with partner organizations (Adobe Photoshop)
- maintain e-mail lists and generate e-mail blasts (PatronManager/Emma)
- assist with the development and implementation of social media campaigns and accounts
- maintain ALH website (Squarespace)
• Operational support for all programming and events
- assist with all performances, fundraising events, and front-of-house duties at concerts
- oversee reception and catering services at concerts and events
- help manage volunteers and interns
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of two years’ experience in arts administration/operations/ PR/marketing/customer service/special events or related fields
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully prioritize and organize tasks and follow through to completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated success in customer service
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Salesforce, and Squarespace
- Availability during ALH events on selected weekends and evenings
- Experience in working with non-profit arts organizations a plus
- Interest, knowledge, and enthusiasm for classical music a plus
Please e-mail your cover letter, résumé and references to Kinga Ferguson, Ars Lyrica Houston Executive Director at email@example.com. Each prospective candidate of interest will be invited to interview with the Executive Director. In the meantime, questions or comments should be directed to Kinga Ferguson.
About Ars Lyrica Houston
The mission of Ars Lyrica Houston (ALH) is to provide audiences with historically-informed performances, of the highest caliber, of music from the 17th and 18th centuries.
Founded in 1998 by harpsichordist and conductor Matthew Dirst and incorporated in 2003 as a 501(c)(3) organization, Ars Lyrica relies on a core group of Houston’s finest period-instrument musicians, which it augments regularly with internationally renowned guest artists. Ars Lyrica has created a distinctive identity among ensembles that specialize in Baroque music through its innovative programming: Artistic Director Dirst draws on a rich repertory of chamber and dramatic music, often highlighting exceptional works that merit revival. Its local subscription series at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts is popular with audiences and critics alike, and its recordings have garnered international critical acclaim and recognition, including a Grammy nomination for Best Opera 2011. More information can be found at: www.arslyricahouston.org.